CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Misc.


Introducing My two nieces! Miley and Anya! They are sooo cute!






A week ago I had my band competition where there are three judges and they each give you an individual rating. We played three songs for them and we got 2 superiors, (superior is the best you can get), and 1 excellent (second best). This means that our over all rating was superior!

At school we read the outsiders and we had to do a debate on it. We were given a stance in the argument and a position that we had to be in the agument. I had to be a "soc", or a social, wich were the wealthier kids in the 60's. My team was facing the greasers, like in the movie grease :), and we were arguing the point that "Johnny was unjustified for killing Bob". Each time it was our turn to go, one person would walk up to the podium and talk for 3 minutes or less then get down and let the other team go... Well, it worked a little differently... No one else on my team would go so I was the only one on my team that got up to speak for every turn. The other team got to switch off! :} It was very nerve racking. Well My teacher ended up calling the debate a draw! She says she has never done that before and that was her first time. :)

I don't know if I have said this before, but I am on the Yearbook club, I took pictures for it and helped put the pictures in place and type names in it. it was a lot of fun! Last night I stayed at the school 'till about 9:00 and sorted them. The yearbooks came out today and they look pretty good!

So, I think I have have said this, but I am in National Junior Honors Society (NJHS). Today was the ceremony in which the upcoming members recieve certificates and take our places, and all the eighth grade members recieving certificates and see hoe many hours of Community service we got. I had 74 hours and everyone put together got over 3,000 hours! :)

Also, in a week I will be on Summer break and be a 8th grade graduate and moving on to high school! ***By the way MY PROMOTION IS AT 5:00 ON WEDNESDAY NEXT WEEK, or the 20th.*** I am sad because I have made a ton of really good friends here in middle school, and when we graduate I will only see a few of them ever again, of course besides the ones going to the same high school as me... :( Well I'm gonna end this post so I don't get all depressed. So See ya!




2 comments:

Nicole Hunter said...

Holy Cow Ash! I didn't realize you had 8th grade promotion! I can't believe you're going to be a Freshman! I remember when you were born...k, now I really feel old! That's awesome though! I bet you're excited! Yeah for being done with middle school!! :)

ashley! said...

woo hoo!